At Autonomic Living, we sell high-end, functional homeware products. Through extensive research and industrial design processes, we have created our products to solve or reﬁne design and/or usability problems with existing homeware items. The “problems” could vary, but are not limited to the following:
- Ergonomic and/or safety hazards
- Incorrect materials used for speciﬁc functions
- Products that are unhygienic and/or difﬁcult to clean
- Storage products not designed to store efﬁciently enough
- Opportunity for existing products to be combined to support multi-functionality.
- To make the lives of our customers as comfortable, hygienic and efﬁcient as possible in their homes with high-end, beautifully designed homeware on a global scale;
- Reﬂect an elevated standard of product design in Africa.
The founder and director, Dumisani Tshabalala (image above), is an experienced, award-winning industrial designer, born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa. He studied industrial design and graduated from the University of Johannesburg in March 2015. He then joined David Krynauw as an industrial designer for the rest of that year. Thereafter, he worked at The Ideamongery as an industrial designer and senior art director for two years. Then, he became head of production and operations for Conceptual Eyes until June 2019.
Dumisani won the ﬁrst prize for the Cobra Product Design Competition in 2016 in the Professional category. He also received a shared second prize for the annual ARMSA & Plastics SA Student Design Competition [page 34-35] in 2013.
You can follow Dumisani on Instagram HERE.